The Women in Agriculture Impact Investment (WAII) facility is a blended finance program that addresses the challenges of access to finance for agri-businesses. The facility unlocks capital for agribusiness that have a strong gender lens business model. Female owned enterprises struggle to access ﬁnancial services due lack of collateral (e.g. ownership of property), cultural restrictions, differing attitudes toward borrowing ﬁnancing and limited access to affordable investment services or tailored technical assistance. Innovate ﬁnance is needed in order to unlock funds for the “missing middle”, those entrepreneurs too mature for Micro Finance Institutions (MFIs) and too unattractive for commercial banks.
Through the facility successful businesses will benefit from:
- Low risk Investment from Impact Investors. Minimum USD 50K and above.
- Tailored business advisory and Deal closure support with our expert team.
- New partnerships and network growth.
- Identify and provide tailored advisory and financial solutions to agri-enterprises to adapt and improve operations to succeed in raising capital.
- Strengthen inclusion of women, youth, and displaced persons across the agriculture value chain using a gender lens approach.
- Leverage financing from DFIs and development agencies to unlock private capital.
- Agri SMEs getting increased access to support-services and low risk capital
- Agri SMEs scaling up their operations creating more social and environmental impact.
- You have a minimum turnover of USD 100k.
- Have female representation at ownership, or management or across your value chain.
- Your business should have been in existence for at least 2 years.
- Should be seeking to raise above USD 50K in debt or equity investment.
- Should have operations in Northern, Western, and Eastern Uganda. Karamoja sub-region or in Refugee settlements.
- Should be registered as a private company limited by shares or guarantee.
- Have audited statements for at least 2 years
Please CLICK HERE to Apply.
For more information:
Contact us on:
Tel: +256 759 681506