Job title: Investment Associate
Job Type: Full Time
Organization: Finding XY Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala
Reports to: Managing Director
Founded in 2017, Finding XY is an innovation center and business advisory firm that supports SMEs and ecosystem builders by providing Investment and capacity building services to entrepreneurs in East Africa. Finding XY services include low-cost Investment, Project Consulting, Business Advisory and Research. At Finding XY, we believe that every entrepreneur should be supported, and our mission is to provide enterprise solutions to companies and business leaders through business advisory services that involve enterprise support, investment, and project consulting. We partner with clients from the public, nonprofit sectors, private and international organizations in all sectors across all regions to address the most critical challenges and transform enterprises. Our unconventional based approach combined with our experience in portfolio monitoring and evaluation, managing impact programs, implementing projects, providing technical assistance, and helping enterprises become investment ready, have made us competitive in the market.
- Mobilize and support ecosystem builders that are passionate about business.
- Design and implement services that are relevant to the challenges businesses face.
- Provide customized one-on-one services to our clients.
We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Investment Associate to grow and analyse our client portfolio of investment ready companies. The Investment Associate will be responsible assessing companies that are looking for financing. Key tasks on which performance will be measured include:
- Screening potential businesses for investment based on various operational, financial, and ESG criteria.
- Prepare investment documentations.
- Market assessment and on-going market analysis
- Support Investor sourcing
- Project support
- Develop valuation activities and detailed financial models
- Support due diligence and transaction execution
- Build a pipeline of Investment Ready companies
- Conduct profitability analysis of overall business and business units.
- Support the investment negotiation process.
- Support the deal execution process.
- ACCA/CPA certified or an equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree in the related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working within the investment and SME ecosystem preferably within consulting, accelerator/incubation hub set-ups.
- Demonstrable experience in building relationships and managing a diverse range of stakeholders.
- A background in private equity, venture capital, investment banking or capital markets would be an added advantage.
- Self -motivated, confident, energetic, team player and creative
If you believe you are the kind of person we are looking for, send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: April 20th, 2022.
N.B: Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.